The last time I wrote a blog was at a time in my life of massive changes. And here I am again! We are on a mission to move to the countryside. There, I've said it. Covert trips on weekends scouting around. A couple of dreamy houses that have been and gone. And now it's serious. We are desperately seeking our forever home. I know it's out there. We don't really seem to have enough money for houses that are all perfect, with the right amount of land. But I'm hopeful. No, more than hopeful. I know she must be out there. My dream of a self sufficient lifestyle has been lurking around, not too far from the surface, since about 2008. I'm ten years down the line and my feelings haven't changed, though absolutely everything else about my life has. The air in Bristol seems too dirty and we can't afford to live. I want to start a new adventure. In 2008 I was living in Northumberland and contemplating a move to a remote Scottish island, never to be seen again. Now we seem tied to Bristol, just so that we can throw the lifeline out there for a year or so at least, and keep the money coming in. Unfortunately, many other Bristol types are thinking the same as us, and emigrating out across the Severn bridge. Oh the perfect place must be on the horizon! I'm going to record my journey here. If nothing else, it'll keep me amused in another ten years when I know how this story turned out.

Comments

Popular Posts